GENERAL GUNSMITH LIST & PRICING
At Hammer Down Range, we strive to give the best gunsmith service in the greater Cincinnati tri-state area. A clean, well-maintained gun is a safer gun. We offer a variety of firearms maintenance and gunsmith services, ranging from simple cleanings to elaborate machining work and restoration.
GENERAL GUNSMITH REPAIRS
- Shop Charges
- Hourly Rate – $45.00
- Welding, Milling & Lathe work at same rate
- Minimum Charge – $12.00
- Basic Cleaning
- Including appropriate lubrication/oiling of moving parts and a complete safety check – $12
- Detail Cleaning
- A more thorough tear-down of your pistol or long gun. This is the perfect option for those who want an absolutely spotless gun – $25
GENERAL GUNSMITH LIST
- Bore sight
- Drill Tap for scope mount
- Drill Tap for scope mount
OTHER SPECIAL GUNSMITH LIST
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, lubricate & reassemble.
- Remove corrosion and touch-up finish.
- Repair burred or damaged parts with files & stones.
- Replace defective parts with factory-made replacements, hand-fitting as necessary.
- Add after-market customization:
- grip caps
- butt plates
- Repair and re-finish wooden stock parts.
- Checker or re-checker grip areas.
- Deepen or clean up worn or damaged engravings & markings.
- Re-crown damaged muzzles on a lathe.
- Repair dented shotgun barrels.
- Install (solder) or repair rib on shotgun barrels, or repair double-barrel assemblies.
- Measure & correct head-space dimensions.
- Check for excessive bore erosion.
- Troubleshoot and repair feeding, ejecting & firing problems.
- Test-fire guns with conventional loads to ensure proper operation.
- Fabricate wooden stocks to customer specifications and body dimensions. Fit same to existing receiver and barrel.
- Glass-bed actions to stocks to improve accuracy.
- Remove existing metal finish, and re-blue metal parts.
- Fabricate replacement parts from metal stock.
- Modify trigger-pull weight through careful stoning of trigger mechanism parts.
- Fire proof-loads through weapons to ensure sufficient strength of parts under over-load conditions.
- Replace worn barrels, which have fired so many rounds that they are no longer of the specified caliber (which leads to loss of accuracy).
- Change caliber or cartridge of existing rifle, by changing barrel, and modifying receiver.
- Re-cut rifling and change caliber of existing barrel.
- Design and build complete rifles by fitting stock barrels to stock receivers; fabricating or purchasing additional parts as needed, and fitting same to rifle. Fitting custom stock to same.
- Design and build a complete rifle starting with several pieces of blank steel and a slab of walnut; using nothing more than a lathe, saws, files, chisels, & rasps.